aheadblog

Welcome to Ahead's blog (Ahead's website is http://www.ahead.org.uk>

Wednesday, June 08, 2011



On Sunday 5 June 40 cyclists joined AHEAD (Action for Health, Education And Development) on a sponsored bike ride in the charity’s quest to raise £10,000 to build a vocational training centre and support a girls’ hostel in Ethiopia. Leaving from St James Park, Walthamstow, the cyclists first stop near Peter House where they were met by Dr Stella Creasy, MP for Walthamstow near Peter House, who pledged to support AHEAD’s work both in the UK and Ethiopia.




Riding through Epping Forest the cyclists then stopped at the little known but unique and first ever anti-war memorial in Woodford where they were greeted by Leslie Stowe, President of Chingford Rotary Club. Erected in 1935 by the well known suffragette, feminist and political activist, Sylvia Pankhurst) in opposition to the air strikes on Ethiopia by the Italian Army, the monument provided the backdrop to a short but passionate speech by Dr Helen Pankhurst.




Thinking about what her grandmother might have said had she been alive, Dr Pankhurst commented on the diversity of the assembled cyclists (age, gender, nationalities) who had all come together to support a common cause - raising money for a disadvantaged community. As the speech over finished and followed by an ovation, the first group of cyclists returned to Walthamstow whilst others went on to High Beach and North Weald Bassett Airfield the RAF museum, where they visited. Heavy rain on the return journey failed to dampen the spirits of the determined cyclists who completed the full 40 mile ride.

AHEAD is grateful to all cyclists, supporters, Walthamstow Cycling Campaign, Chingford Rotary Club, Susan Howard and Pedalpoint who contributed to the event’s immense success. To find out more about the charity and see highlights of the ride visit www.aheadcharity.org. Donations to help meet the fundraising target still urgently needed.

2 Comments:

At 3:11 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there I am so excited I found your blog page, I really found you by
accident, while I was browsing on Askjeeve for something else, Nonetheless I am here now and would just like to say kudos for a remarkable post and a all round enjoyable blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and
also added in your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read a lot more, Please do keep up the
awesome jo.

Here is my page - loans with bad credit

 
At 11:21 pm, Blogger Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home